Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12326
EL1 Procurement and Contract Manager
Our client is a large federal government whose work touches every Australian community and underpins our economy and society. They provide policy and strategic advice to government in transport connectivity, regional development, territories, communications connectivity, creativity, and culture.
This is a vacant EL1 position where you can be engaged in either a non-ongoing contract or a secondment arrangement.
You’ll join a Division that is undergoing a large amount of change and reform. You’ll provide structure, strengthen processes, establish frameworks, and solve problems from a procurement and contract management perspective in a changing environment.
- Shape the future of a large federal government department’s IT procurement function
- Implement an “enabling” rather than “blocking” procurement perspective
- Develop your leadership skills by managing a small team of two staff
- Gain permanency in the public service if you are a contracting staff member
You will be responsible for providing procurement and contract management advice to the IT Division, including:
- Strategic advice on the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 and the Commonwealth Procurement Rules
- Establish procurement and contract management frameworks within the Division to strengthen processes
- Update procurement governance and related documentation in line with legislative changes and policy
- Manage hands-on procurement and contract management processes from end to end
- Provide guidance and leadership to two staff including an APS5 and APS6
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have practical experience in federal government procurement and contract management.
You will also have:
- A modern, enabling and facilitative perspective of government procurement
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to think outside of the box to fix issues
- Demonstrated experience researching, developing, auditing and applying procurement policies and procedures
- High-level communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders
Salary / Rate
- $106K – $112K + 15.4% Super
- 12 month non-ongoing contract with view to permanency
- 12-montth secondment opportunity for a permanent public servant
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12326.