Connect with Abbie on email, or via, via
POSTED 21st Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16521
EL1 National Exercise and Evaluation Lead
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is a large federal government department that develops and implements policies and programs that minimise our environmental impact, advocate for cultural heritage and environmental protection and manage biosecurity risk to the country to ensure safe trade and market access for plants and animals fuelling farming, research and industry.
With a reputation for having an excellent culture, combined with their subject matter expertise, you will really feel the impact of working here.
Joining the Biosecurity Strategy and Reform Division will give you the security of a 12-month labour-hire contract with a possibility of extension.
- Career-defining opportunity to enhance Australia’s biosecurity preparedness
- Join a high-profile division with an opportunity to establish and build stakeholder relationships, you will engage internally and externally with industry bodies, state and federal government
- Protect Australians and our environment against pests and disease outbreaks
- Ability to work from the Canberra office or work remotely from anywhere in Australia (for the right person)
You will play a critical role within the Biosecurity Exercise and System Program; a multi-year national exercise program to enhance Australia’s preparedness and response capabilities to respond to biosecurity emergency incidents.
The exercise program is being delivered through a series of discussion and functional exercises with the aim of building a greater understanding of the role and requirements of the Commonwealth during a nationally significant biosecurity emergency. It will stress test Australia’s biosecurity system and ensure we continue to have a robust preparedness and response capability in the event of pest and disease outbreaks.
Your duties will include:
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders on exercise scope and identifying opportunities for alignment between work programs
- Working with relevant stakeholders to plan the exercise series
- Developing exercise plans and documentation such as an exercise schedule and injects
- Developing exercise evaluation plans and tools
- Organising exercise delivery logistics
- Working collaboratively with other exercise personnel such as the facilitator
- Providing leadership and direction to the exercise team
- Reporting to executive and governance committee
- Developing exercise strategies which may include, but not limited to, risk management, media and an observer program
- Providing budget oversight
Your Background and Experience
You will have demonstrated experience with emergency management principles and preparedness, evaluation, facilitation, project management, event management and/or training development.
You will also have:
- Prior experience managing external and internal stakeholder relationships, including with government and non-government parties
- Experience in program delivery
- High quality communication skills, with an ability to tailor written and oral products to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency in multitasking, setting priorities and completing tasks within set timeframes
- Ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Strong research, analysis, and synthesis skills
To be successful in this role you must:
- Hold a Baseline Clearance or have the ability to obtain
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
Salary / Rate
- EL1 $75/hr – $90/hr + 10.5% super
- 12-month labour-hire contract
- Canberra based team but can work in Sydney or Brisbane
- Option to work remotely for the right person
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Abbie Seddon on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID. 16521
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.