Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9178
EL1 Management Accountant (Internal Budgets)
This small Government Agency works at the forefront of policy development in a field that affects all Australians. They have nice modern offices in the middle of Canberra.
This opportunity is being offered as a 12-month non-ongoing contract with a good opportunity for permanent appointment. This also presents as a Section 26 temporary transfer for those you are already in the Australian Public Service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administering the internal budget process to ensure all resource allocation decisions are well documented and correctly reflected in the Financial Management Information System
- Assessing resource bids and developing recommendations to assist with resource allocation decisions
- Resolve funding issues for projects and initiatives and provide financial reports for the projects
- Providing concise and targeted monthly management reports and highlighting the financial performance of the agency and its Directorates
- Advising business areas including senior executive’s financial management related matters, including but not limited to PGPA Act and accounting standards.
- Monitoring the financial performance and advising, verbally and in writing, the Manager, Budgets & Systems and internal stakeholders including senior executives on financial drivers and cost management options.
You will be a high performing Senior Management Accountant, able to lead and mentor your team while delivering high-quality internal budget and management information requirements. You will work closely with the Director and your team to develop the corporate internal budgets and reporting function and ensure the business is provided with meaningful insight and analysis to facilitate decisions.
$99k – $120k + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9178