Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 1st Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12078
EL1 Grant Program Management
Our client is the nation’s leading expert body in health and medical research. Operating as an independent statutory agency, they create knowledge and build capability through investment in the most advanced health and medical research. This organisation offers the chance to work with some of the most respected professionals in the medical and health sector and have a tangible impact on Australian health outcomes.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of administering funds to transform health and medical research and innovation to improve the lives of Australians and build our country’s economy.
Working on targeted grant funding, this is an opportunity to really advance research in the health and medical fields. There is currently a 6 month contract available for experienced grants managers or medical professionals with program management and APS experience at the EL1 level. Whilst you’d be engaged for 6 months initially, an extension or permanent role is quite likely for the right person.
With the chance to really hone your management skills, this role will see you take your leadership skills to the next level. You’ll work in a tight knit and high performing team.
You’ll lead the development and delivery of grant opportunities through the research program, including:
- Engaging with relevant experts, committees and community groups, as well as other government agencies and jurisdictions, to identify, prioritise and scope proposed funding calls
- Managing a small team and working with other sections, branches and members of the Executive to prepare grant and peer review guidelines, seek relevant approvals and manage pre-award (application and assessment) processes in accordance with agency and whole-of-government requirements
- Undertaking analysis of scientific literature to identify gaps in the evidence and inform policy cases.
You’ll also develop a policy on consumer and community engagement in peer review, and other grant related policies as required.
We’re looking for dynamic and self-motivated people with outstanding stakeholder management skills who can quickly grasp new processes and procedures. Communication skills and the ability to keep yourself organised will be important. You’ll ideally have a graduate or postgraduate qualification (or equivalent) in a science-related field, or demonstrated experience in health or medical research.
You will gain an understanding of health and medical research grant processes ‘from the inside’, and experience the grants system first-hand, as well as build your experience in program management.
To be considered you must have:
- Demonstrated public sector experience in policy development, program delivery and managing teams at the EL1 level or equivalent
- Apply strategic thinking to manage multi-dimensional projects and resolve complex issues, including the identification, management and mitigation of risk
- Apply project management and leadership skills to set priorities, support and maintain team cohesion and deliver timely results
- Work efficiently, cohesively and flexibly to deliver high quality outcomes in an environment of uncertainty and change
- $65 – $75 per hour + 9.5% Super depending on experience
- 6 month contract with possible extensions
Please note, transfers cannot be considered due to ASL restrictions.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 12078.