Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 30th Apr, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8655
EL1 Finance Business Partner contract - permanent opportunities
Our client is a high-profile Federal Government organisation at the centre of policy development and service delivery. They are innovative, ahead of the trend, and have a fun yet highly professional work environment.
This opportunity calls for a high performing Accountant that is a people person. To attract the right individual, our client is leaving your entry into this organisation open to your circumstances. Should you already be in the Public Service, this could be a transfer. For a capable Accountant coming from outside the Federal Government, you will have the opportunity to enter as a contractor and demonstrate your skills with good prospects for a permanent appointment. This organisation is known to be supportive of your professional learning and development.
Love numbers but also enjoy working closely with people? Then this role is for you. Partner with your business stakeholders to help them understand their financial performance and keep the budgets on track.
Key duties will include;
- Develop and maintain divisional budget ledger and supporting documentation for forward estimates and planning.
- Undertake analysis and evaluation of key program trends, cost drivers and identification of budget issues in support of high-level analysis and evaluation of the divisional financial planning requirements.
- Research and analyse financial management issues and provide advice based on results/evidence.
- Contribute to business improvement for core financial management processes within your divisional areas.
- Maintain budgeting and costings tools and templates, business rules, policies and procedures to ensure up to date and consistent use across the divisions.
- Support the provision of monthly financial management reports to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Explain and present financial information and evidence to non-financial stakeholders in a clear and concise way that brokers both understanding and action where required.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
This role will suit an astute Management Accountant who thrives on seeing their work influence key business decisions. You are working at the coalface of where the business happens, and your ability to provide accurate and timely financial advice will link directly to stronger outcomes. You are a good communicator and enjoy working with other professionals.
Key requirements include;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within a Government accounting or commercial environment.
- Highly developed skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong accounting technician with relevant tertiary qualifications and CPA/CA.
- Have the intellectual capability to provide advice on a broad range of accounting issues, resolve complex and sensitive issues and deliver quality outcomes under constrained timeframes.
- Ability to make timely and accurate decisions, factoring in a changing environment in order to support sound management decisions.
- Have a strong analytical ability to understand the drivers behind the figures and tell the story.
- Demonstrated experience being proactive and using problem solving and influencing skills to resolve accounting issues in a timely
- Have a strong work ethic, be able to respond quickly and flexibly to change and operate within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- You MUST be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this opportunity.
$107K – $122K + 15.4% Super for permanent transfer; OR
$65 – $72 per hour + 9.5% Super for a contractor
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8655