Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12457
EL1 Finance Business Partner
Love numbers but also love working closely with people? Then this role is for you.
Our client is a federal government agency located in Canberra. They are a large entity with a relaxed but professional environment.
This opportunity calls for a high performing and outgoing Accountant. Our client requires someone already in the Australian Public Service who understands government, as you will be working in high profile and politically sensitive projects where a thorough understanding of APS protocols and systems is a prerequisite.
You will work to a supportive and friendly Director and will manage an APS6 staff member. There is very good opportunity for contract extensions should you be kicking goals in the role.
Partner with your business stakeholders to help them understand their financial performance and keep the budgets on track.
- Develop and maintain divisional budget ledger and supporting documentation for the forward estimates and planning
- Undertake analysis and evaluation of key program trends, cost drivers and identification of budget issues in support of high level analysis and evaluation of the divisional financial planning requirements
- Research and analyse financial management issues and provide advice based on results/evidence
- Contribute to business improvement for core financial management processes within your divisional areas
- Maintain budgeting and costings tools and templates, business rules, policies and procedures to ensure up to date and consistent use across the divisions
- Support the provision of monthly financial management reports to key internal and external stakeholders
- Explain and present financial information and evidence to non-financial stakeholders concisely that brokers both understanding and action
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders
This role will suit a savvy Management Accountant who thrives on seeing their work influence key business decisions. You are working at the coalface of where the business happens, and your ability to provide accurate and timely financial advice will link directly to stronger outcomes. You are a good communicator and enjoy working with people.
- Strong, demonstrated experience in a similar role within a government accounting environment
- Highly developed skills in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Project financial management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of Commonwealth Government accounting processes and regulatory requirements.
- Strong accounting technician with relevant tertiary qualifications and CPA/CA
- Have the capability to provide high level advice on a broad range of accounting issues, resolve complex and sensitive issues and deliver quality outcomes under constrained timeframes
- Have a strong analytical ability to understand the drivers behind the figures and tell the story
- Demonstrated experience being proactive and using problem solving and influencing skills to resolve accounting issues
- Have a strong work ethic, be able to respond quickly and flexibly to change and operate within a dynamic and fast paced environment
You MUST be an Australian citizen to be considered for this opportunity.
- $70 – $80 per hour + 9.5% Super
- 6 month contract + extension options
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 12457
This opportunity not quite right for you? We have multiple finance and accounting opportunities available right now on both a contract and permanent basis. Get in touch for a confidential discussion.