Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th Dec, 2018 REF NO. BBBH8199
EL1 Finance Business Partner
We are working with a large government entity that values high performing people from commercial and government backgrounds. It is a busy environment that offers stretching work and strong career progression, but with reasonable work and life balance.
Permanent role working with divisional business areas. Transfer welcomed for existing APS employees. Otherwise start your career with the APS on contract with a view to permanent engagement.
Love numbers but also love working closely with people, then this role is for you. Partner with your business stakeholders to help them understand their financial performance and keep the budgets on track. Key duties will include;
- Develop and maintain divisional budget ledger and supporting documentation for the forward estimates and planning.
- Undertake analysis and evaluation of key program trends, cost drivers and identification of budget issues in support of high level analysis and evaluation of the divisional financial planning requirements.
- Research and analyse financial management issues and provide advice based on results/evidence
- Recognise and contribute to business improvement for core financial management processes within your divisional areas.
- Maintain band improve budgeting and costings tools and templates, business rules, policies and procedures to ensure up to date and consistent use across the divisions.
- Manage the provision of monthly financial management reports to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Explain and present financial information and evidence to non-financial stakeholder sin a clear and concise way that brokers both understanding and action where required.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
This role will suit an astute Management Accountant who thrives on seeing their work influence key business decisions. You are working at the coalface of where the business happens, and your ability to provide accurate and timely financial advice will link directly to stronger outcomes. Key requirements include;
- Strong, demonstrated experience in a similar role within a Government accounting or Big4 consulting environment.
- Highly developed skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated understanding of Commonwealth Government accounting processes and regulatory requirements.
- Strong accounting technician with relevant tertiary qualifications and CPA/CA.
- Have the intellectual capacity to provide advice on a broad range of accounting issues, resolve complex and sensitive issues and deliver quality outcomes under constrained timeframes.
- Ability to make timely and accurate decisions, factoring in a changing environment in order to support sound management decisions.
- Have a strong analytical ability to understand the drivers behind the figures and tell the story.
- Demonstrated experience being proactive and using problem solving and influencing skills to resolve accounting issues in a timely
- Have a strong work ethic, be able to respond quickly and flexibly to change and operate within a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Applicant MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
c., $110 – $120k + enhanced super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8199