Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 14th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8501
EL1 External Budget Coordination
This smaller Government entity plays a pivotal role in enhancing services to all Australians through their analysis, advice and programs. They have lovely workplace culture and are considered a preferred employer.
Working at an organisation with an excellent reputation and genuine career progression, you will be offered the opportunity to work with a supportive team, high quality mentoring, and a strong team environment. Whilst Government experience will be preferred, talented candidates from outside Government will be considered. Contract or permanent transfers from those already in the APS are welcome.
This role requires effective leadership in a dynamic environment and ability to use technology to meet heightened stakeholder expectations and to improve the quality of management information.
This position is accountable for managing external budget preparations including:
- Deliver external and statutory financial reporting responsibilities including the production of the Portfolio Budget and Additional Estimates Statements, the Portfolio Budget Submissions and various other Department of Finance and Deregulation (DOFD) requirements.
- Provide advice to departmental clients and external stakeholders about the department’s financial processes and procedures. Coordinate departmental responses for financial reporting and correspondence.
- Build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships including engagement and collaboration with key stakeholders from relevant government departments to identify opportunities, achieve outcomes and facilitate cooperation
- Ensure departmental responses to financial reporting and correspondence are compliant with requirements.
- Apply Commonwealth Budget knowledge to situations involving a high level of complexity and sensitivity which require considerable interpretation and analysis.
- Contribute to the development of policy documents for review in the Commonwealth Budget process.
- Assist in delivering the Portfolio Budget Statements, Portfolio Additional Estimates Statements, coordination of Cabinet and Ministerial Submissions.
- Manage and coordinate Budget related tasks including but not limited to the Estimates Memorandums, Statement of Risks, Ministerial Statements and Movement of Funds.
- Review and maintenance of external funding models.
You are likely to be a high performing finance professional, a leader and mentor, who can deliver high quality external budget and management information requirements. You will work closely with the Director, CFO and your team to develop the external budget processes and will be someone who enjoys the challenge of ensuring that external reporting requirements are met on a timely and accurate basis. You are a first-class communicator, enjoy a social workplace, and have smarts. Relevant professional qualifications will be highly regarded as well as practical skills around financial statements. Only Australian Citizens will be considered for this role.
$100k – $115k + 15.4% Super. Salary match for transfers.
In addition, there are a host of benefits including flexible working conditions (including access to technology to enable that), generous leave conditions, access to training and development, and career advancement opportunities.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8501