Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 17th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12398
EL1 Executive Officer - Intelligence
This federal government agency provides advice to Australian Government, military operations and the commercial sector on intelligence initiatives.
This is a rare opportunity to join a prestigious intelligence agency on an initial 12 month non-ongoing contract, and gain expertise in cyber security and ICT.
We are looking for a high performing EO looking to take the next step in their career, and produce high quality briefings, ministerial correspondence etc. and to work with the highest calibre senior executives (Band 2’s and Band 3’s).
Working to a Band 1 that has recently commenced with the agency, this is an opportunity to build a successful working relationship and take a journey alongside your Executive. Working within a complex and busy environment, you will sharpen your skills in a technical and high-profile area. Carve out your own niche in this agency and hone your skills in a growing industry.
Initially a 12 month contract, this role offers stability and the opportunity for permanency for the right candidate.
The duties of the role are to provide a high level of administrative and strategic support to the AS, which includes:
- Working closely and collaboratively with the AS to ensure priority matters are actioned appropriately
- Preparing, coordinating and proofing complex and/or sensitive correspondence, corporate documentation, submissions, speeches, talking points, briefing papers and other strategic communication and correspondence
- Engaging with key stakeholders – industry groups, defence and military, other government representatives and SME businesses
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships and providing a high level of service to the Senior Executive, Ministers’ Offices, staff at all levels across the division and department, and senior officers in external agencies and organisations
- Undertaking work activities such as business planning, with an awareness of the possible impact on strategic or operational outcomes for the division
- Undertaking research and analysis, interpreting policy and providing advice to the AS regarding the application of practices and procedures
The successful applicant will need to be an experienced Executive or Project Officer, preferably with experience within intelligence or ICT, although this is not essential.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, manage multiple priorities and respond flexibly in a high-pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail, ability to exercise sound judgement and highly developed administrative, planning and organisational skills
- High level relationship management skills, together with the ability to build and sustain strong networks and relationships across the department and with external stakeholders
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and articulate manner
- Highly developed strategic planning and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the department with a focus on innovation and teamwork
- Understanding of the operations of the department, knowledge of ministerial and parliamentary processes or the ability to quickly attain this
You will need to be an Australian citizen and hold a minimum Baseline clearance, preferably NV1 or NV2 to be considered.
- $101K – $115K + 15.4% Super
- 12 month non-ongoing contract
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 12398.