Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 17th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12455
EL1 Executive Officer
About the Organisation
Work within a small government agency whose role is to support the development of a topical environmental issue. The agency provides funding, research and project support to help Australian innovators convert their ideas into tangible solutions.
Working to a General Manager and the Executive Team, you will be at the forefront of all corporate support activities. Whilst initially offered on a 4 month contract due to an internal move sideways, it is likely the current incumbent will be extended or not return, resulting in a longer-term or permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
- 4 month contract – view to extension or permanency
- Dynamic and engaging COO to report to
- Professional development opportunity
This busy and fast-paced role will support all aspects of corporate support including coordinating senate estimates involvement, responding to agency wide coordination activities, and implementing strategies to support the achievement of the organisation’s strategic and operational objectives.
Working in a tight knit and high-performing team, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead and contribute to projects to support the achievement of operational and strategic organisational objectives
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders assist the COO with delivery of priority work items
- Prepare, manage and review briefing material and correspondence related to the agency’s broad project portfolio
- Coordinate, research, analyse trends and hot issues to escalate and provide briefing material to the executive
- Coordinate and develop material for Board reporting, CEO reporting and other executive inputs
- Coordinate portfolio management committee agenda and materials based on hot issues, portfolio trends or other analysis
- Coordinate portfolio data and performance reporting for various audiences and purposes
- Provide administrative support including diary management, meeting secretariat and travel arrangements
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to identify and resolve issues that may impact the successful execution of Executive responsibilities
Your Background and Experience
The successful candidate will need to be an experienced Executive Officer with experience working in busy and fast-paced environments under time pressures. Working to several stakeholders and managing competing priorities, this role will suit someone that is happy to manage a never-ending ‘to-do’ list and thrives being busy.
You will have the following:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results, manage multiple priorities and respond flexibly in a high-pressure environment
- Strong attention to detail, ability to exercise sound judgement and highly developed administrative, planning and organisational skills
- High level relationship management skills, together with the ability to build and sustain strong networks and relationships across the department and with external stakeholders
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear, concise and articulate manner
- Highly developed strategic planning and problem solving skills
Salary / Rate
- $68 – $75 per hour + Super*
- Flexibility to spend time both at home and in the office long-term
- Vacant position that could result in permanency
*Please note, this hourly rate includes casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH 12455