Connect with HorizonOne on email, or via, via
POSTED 11th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12090
EL1 Data, Research and Strategic Policy
The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) is a key government body that provides much needed funding for health and medical research to benefit the lives of many Australians, as well as people across the world.
Previous grants awarded by NHMRC have gone to health and medical research studies such as skin cancer prevention, Aboriginal health, high blood pressure, and people living with dementia.
NHMRC are on the hunt for creative, curious and talented new team members!
This is an opportunity to join a government organisation that helps improve the lives of people in our community. Actively contribute to the broader goals of NHMRC and see the positive outcomes of your work.
- Work alongside a well-respected and strong female leadership team
- Develop your skills and experience through exposure to a wide range of exciting challenges and projects
- Have a direct impact on facilitating life-saving medical research
- Hard work and quality outcomes are not only recognised but celebrated
- Enjoy your work each day – know you’re making a difference in a supportive and high performing environment
- Flexible working arrangements available
NHMRC are recruiting for a number of different roles across the agency. Actively help manage strategic policy and stakeholders and work alongside and learn from leading scientific and medical minds. Further develop your leadership skills in policy development, data and statistical analysis and governance.
There are a number of key roles currently vacant as well as upcoming opportunities to join the team in the near future. NHMRC are looking to attract and engage talented and experienced government professionals with the view to establishing a merit pool for ongoing recruitment for the next 12 months.
EL1 Strategic Policy Managers
- Work collaboratively to develop policy direction to help improve policy outcomes to benefit all Australians
- Be involved in and manage the development of new and exciting policy and funding arrangement processes
EL1 Data / Statistical Analysts
- Lead the design, analysis and delivery of relevant, trusted and objective statistics, solutions and insights
- Tell the story behind the data in an engaging and meaningful way so NHMRC can make informed and evidence-based decisions
EL1 Governance Officers
- Influence governance improvements through stakeholder engagement to develop best practice processes
- Engage business areas to further develop governance, strategic planning and reporting frameworks across a range of organisational functions
EL1 Research Officers
- Manage the preparation, review and administration of grants, programs and projects
- Oversee the implementation and evaluation of administrative practices, systems and procedures to optimise research support
Salary / Rate
- $101,711 – $115,712 + 15.4% Super
How to Apply
To apply for this role with NHMRC, an application form must be completed online through the NHMRC jobs portal found here: https://bit.ly/30XvcX4
Any applications made outside this portal CANNOT be considered.
For more information on all available roles, or to apply, please visit the NHMRC recruitment website here: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/about-us/careers/available-roles or contact recruitment @nhmrc.gov.au.