Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16562
EL1 Assistant Manager, Human Resources and Payroll
Our client is an Australian Government statutory authority who plays an important role in the governance of Australia’s mitigation policies, undertaking reviews and making recommendations on climate change.
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow and develop the organisation. This is a diverse role working across a range of HR functions where you will have the opportunity to lead the development, review and implement as well as ensure the continuous improvement of initiatives, policies and procedures in HR and Payroll.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your skills and experience in development of workforce plans including input into workforce change and organisational transformation through determining strategies to attract, build and retain the organisations people capability and management of recruitment activities.
As the Assistant Manager, Human Resources and Payroll you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Lead timely and accurate end to end payroll services in collaboration with the Authority’s shared service provider
- Interpret and ensure compliance with legislation, administrative frameworks, guidelines, regulations and Government policy
- Workin with colleagues to identify and implement efficiencies and process improvements across Human Resources and Payroll
- Perform duties associated with recruitment and on-boarding
- Lead the development, review, implementation and continuous improvement of initiatives, policies and procedures in Human Resources and Payroll
- Assist with the administration of the Authority’s Enterprise Agreement including periodic reviews, updates, bargaining processes and implementation
- Support and implement change, managing ambiguity and promoting continuous improvement
- Establish and foster internal and external stakeholder relationships, including with the Authority’s shared service provider
- Partner effectively with employees at all levels of the business, providing accurate and timely advice on a broad range of employee relations matters
- Assist with risk assessment and risk management activities to ensure that the payroll and associated systems are set up and operating correctly
The Ideal Person
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in human resource management and reporting. You will be adaptable to the dynamic and changing environment and have demonstrated planning and organisation skills, with a proven ability to deliver outcomes within time and budget constraints.
You will have strong conceptual and analytical skills to research, analyse and develop and implement solutions to complex business processes and systems to deliver results. You will have strong written and verbal communication along with interpersonal skills including good influencing skills and proven ability in writing and editing high level documentation and reports.
You will also have demonstrated experience in leading across HR functions to deliver high quality and timely outcomes.
Salary / Rate
- $115K – $120K per year plus Super
- 6 – 12 Month Non-ongoing with the view to permanency
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID. 16562
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.