Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8628
EL1 - Assistant Director, Management Accounting
Our client provides services to support the functioning of the Australian Government. Centrally based, they have a small, relaxed and friendly team, with great working conditions and benefits.
This is a non-ongoing contract role up to 18 months working within the organisation’s CFO branch. As part of a small and friendly team, strong performers will be quickly identified, and there is good opportunity to be noticed and see a permanent appointment and potential for increased responsibilities. This role has good variety with big picture exposure – you will gain experience with internal budgets, external budgets, capital budgets, new policy proposals, and business partnering. You will see processes from end to end and will have the chance to improve on the status quo.
Whilst those with experience in management accounting in a small to medium sized Commonwealth Government Agency will be highly regarded, those outside the Public Service will be considered, particularly those experienced in budgeting and communicating financials to non-financial stakeholders. Should you be coming from outside the Public Service, this is an opportunity to work with a progressive Director who will give you training, guidance, coaching and mentorship as you commence a Government career.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build good working partnerships with business areas by developing and providing trusted advice
- Prepare and present internal financial statement reports to help senior executives with their decision making
- Manage internal budget development, maintenance, and review
- Prepare capital budget development and review/analysis, along with provision of accounting advice on capital projects
- Prepare and manage external budgets, including development of New Policy Proposals.
- Provide high level strategic advice to key senior stakeholders based on research/analysis of financial results
- Contribute to continuous business improvement with ideas and suggestions
- Projects as required including assistance with the implementation of a new budget tool
You are a clear communicator who enjoys working with others to kick goals. You are known for your attention to detail in your work and take pride in getting the job done to a high standard and on time. You enjoy understanding and telling the story behind the numbers and you use your initiative to solve problems and add value. SAP skills highly regarded.
Relevant degree qualifications with a CA/CPA or working towards is essential.
A Baseline Security clearance will be required and so current Australian Citizenship is mandatory.
$102K – $116K + 15.4% Super, as well as a host of other benefits including onsite free parking, gym access, a wide range of learning and development opportunities, and numerous amenities. Salary match for transfers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8611