Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 20th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12492
EL1 Assistant Director Data and Reporting
This unique government organisation provides a valued service to the local community and the nation. Their policies and programs enable people to perform their duties safely and confidently. This organisation has one of the most friendly and inclusive cultures which also includes a love to team morning teas.
You will be joining a team who supports the agency’s ability to acquire, use and share business intelligence, particularly data. This includes undertaking analysis, operational reporting and providing insights to highlight emerging risks and trends.
This organisation is still in the early stages of their data maturity. However, they have a supportive Band 1 who is championing the recently approved data strategy. You will be working to an encouraging EL2 who will support you as you get your head around the role.
You will be leading a small team (3x APS6 and 3x APS5) driving the group’s data knowledge, stewardship, analysis and reporting. You will over time become the group’s subject matter expert on data and work to ensure proper definition, accuracy and use. You will also shape and develop the reporting framework and governance for use of data and report content.
- Work with the business areas to understand and then deliver data management and reporting services to support them with their day to day work
- Be the claims data and reporting subject matter expert and drive improvement in data knowledge, accuracy and use
- Undertake work that is very complex and includes activities of substantial depth involving significant detail
- Connect and integrate data and reporting with other functions of the agency and across the APS including leading the agency’s representation and activities
Your Background and Experience
This role will allow you to apply your experience in in developing reports and data and reporting governance. You will need to use your strategic thinking skills, risk management skills and judgement to inform decisions in a complex and sensitive service delivery environment.
Due to the client Australian citizenship is mandatory.
Salary / Rate
- $100K – $123K + 15.4% Super
- 6 to 12 month non-ongoing contract
- Section 26 temp transfers also considered
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12492.