Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9361
EL1 Assistant Director - Charging Framework Delivery
This unique government organisation provides a valued service to the local community, their work reaches everyday Australians and their employers. With outcomes driven policies and programs, they enable workers are able to safely and confidently undertake their duties.
This is an opportunity to work within an advisory capacity as well as genuinely contribute to process improvement. The position requires someone with strong negotiation and stakeholder engagement coupled with a comprehensive understanding of the Australian Government Charging Framework. Whilst an initial 6-12 month contract will be offered, there is an opportunity to secure a more permanent role as the position is vacant. Transfer opportunities will be considered for exceptional candidates.
This agency undertakes cost recovery to fund important functions and services they deliver to the wider community, depicted in two critical pieces of legislation. Their obligations in terms of cost recovery are outlined in the Australian Government Charging Framework which a small team of 3 (including the EL1) work to enforce. This role will drive and improve cost recovery processes as well as uphold the annual charging cycle.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Oversee, analyse and monitor project outputs and objectives against cost recovery project schedules
- Undertake risk assessment and risk management activities for projects
- Manage procurement processes and contracts including the evaluation of proposals, selection and management of consultant/contractor providers
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic and operational business planning
- Manage finances, contracts, procurement and people to meet objectives
- Prepare, review and clear briefs
Whilst the preferred candidate doesn’t need to have a financial background, they will need to have had experience working with, interpreting, applying and providing advice on the Australian Government Charging Framework. The successful candidate will lead a small team of 2 to drive and improve cost recovery processes and deal with both business as usual and cost recovery programs.
To be successful you will need:
- Strong understanding of, and experience applying, the Australian Government Charging Framework
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills including strong financial management skills
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement and demonstrated project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality assurance processes
A salary of $102,846 – $123,545 + 15.4% super will be offered to the successful candidate. Whilst the initial contract will be 6-12 months, the role is vacant so extension or permanency could be offered.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9361