Connect with Andy on email, or via, via
POSTED 3rd Dec, 2018 REF NO. BBBH8232
Director, Leadership Programs
This is a chance to make a real difference in rural, regional and remote Australia as well as the wider region internationally. As Director of Leadership Programs you will lead a team managing consultants and contractors to develop and deliver the Australian Rural Leadership Foundation’s (ARLF) leadership programs.
This is your opportunity to:
- Work with a NFP which delivers leadership programs for diverse industries and people of rural, regional and remote Australia.
- Develop courageous, influential and ethical leaders for the greater good of Australia.
- Work with a motivated high performing team through a significant period of growth.
About the ARLF
The Australian Rural Leadership Foundation develops and supports rural, regional and remote leaders to help them develop skills, experiences and connections to lead.
For over 26 years, the ARLF have developed over 1,400 leaders, who are positively contributing to their industries and communities within regional Australia.
ARLF alumni live across Australia and work in a wide range of industries, workplaces and communities, including NGOs, corporate and government organisations and local communities.
The flagship program, the Australian Rural Leadership Program, is now in its 25th intake, offering a unique 15 month leadership program over five sessions, across Australian and Asia.
This is a diverse and interesting role, in which you will offer strategic oversight, direction and evaluation for all of ARLF leadership programs.
Your main roles and responsibilities will be to;
- Lead the program delivery team and its associated consultants and contractors to develop, deliver, report on and evaluate the Foundation’s leadership programs
- Develop, deliver, facilitate and lead the review of Foundation programs, and manage the resources and associated budgets within quality and budget parameters
- Develop, review and implement Foundation’s leadership curriculum and syllabus
- Lead conversations with internal and external parties in challenging our leadership philosophy and curricula and contribute towards improving leadership development practice
- Participate in the strategic development of the Foundation during a period of growth
- Advise the Chief Executive and manage risk for the Foundation, including safety, reputational and financial risk
- Work as a member of the Foundation team to assist and support other staff as required and work with Foundation partners, fellows and other key stakeholders to support the role and aims of the organisation
Ideally you will have appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or experience in adult education or a relevant, equivalent background.
As part of your role you will need to;
- Be a skilled communicator with a blend of self-awareness that allows you to adapt to a broad variety of professional situations
- Be values driven, and want to make an impact for creating better communities
- Be someone who has a passion for leadership, the development of others and for pedagogical practices.
- Travel to and have a strong connection with rural, regional and remote Australia
- Lead from the front, but be happy to muck in on all job requirements and be a role model for those in the organisation
- Step up at times to lead and be the face of the organisation
Some of the benefits
Working with the ARLF gives you the chance to contribute to the next generation of Australian leaders. In this role you will be able to use your skills in leadership development to give back to rural, regional and remote communities and be part of an organisation making a difference.
You’ll also benefit from a flexible work environment and work as part of a high quality team with common values.
An excellent salary package including the full PBI salary sacrifice (up to $30k) is on offer, with car parking at the ARLF offices in Deakin.
$130k incl. Super + Salary Packaging
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andy Batstone on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8232