Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 8th Jan, 2021 REF NO. BBBH12569
Director, Domestic Animal Services
About Domestic Animal Services
Domestic Animal Services (DAS) sits within the Business Services arm of the ACT Government Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate. DAS is responsible for all matters relating to public and animal safety, registrations requirements of animals, issuing of special licenses, animal welfare and the promotion of responsible pet ownership.
If you are passionate about animal welfare and making a difference to your community this could well be the role for you. In this is a newly created role with DAS, you will be responsible for developing the corporate governance structures and improving compliance reporting. You will also implement a new CRM across the business unit and further automation of key procedures.
You will be directly responsible for leading a team of 10 staff, managing a diverse portfolio of corporate governance, managing facilities and assets, as well as ensuring the business meets its statutory requirements.
- This is a steppingstone position for someone looking to move into a SOGA role
- Newly created position aimed at transforming the business function
- $1 million facilities investment
- Take a dog for a walk every lunchtime!
- Implement a new CRM and a range of new automation procedures
- Greenfield opportunity to develop business plans, corporate reports, and a sound governance structure
- Inspire, energise, and positively influence the kennel team and the administrative team
- Be a critical enabler to the success of the Mugga Lane Animal Shelter
Your Background and Experience
General Management experience is a must for this role, as you will have exposure across finance, HR and people management, strategic direction as well as tender writing and brief submissions. You will have experience in quarterly and annual reporting, checking data integrity, reviewing policy, dealing with the public via correspondence and naturally enjoy a varied and fast paced role.
You may be an experienced public sector manager currently operating at or looking to move into a SOGB/EL2 level role.
In addition, you will have:
- A sound knowledge of business information management within the public sector environment
- Expert ability to analyse complex legislative, legal, financial and HR issues and make sound judgements and recommendations
- Tertiary qualifications in business, public administration, law or another relevant discipline will be highly desirable
- Permanent residency of Australia or Australian citizenship
Salary / Rate
- $128,286 – $144,418 + 9.5% Super
- Free car parking
- Work with animals
How to Apply
HorizonOne Recruitment are exclusively managing this recruitment for the ACT Government. If you have any questions or queries in regard to this position, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878.
To apply for this role, you MUST apply directly through the ACT Jobs portal through the following link: https://www.jobs.act.gov.au/jobs/transport-canberra-and-city-services/permanent/50057
Applications not sent through the ACT Jobs website will not be considered.
You will need to address a selection criteria.
Closing date for applications is Midnight Monday 25th January 2021.