Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 15th Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16496
Commercial Senior Management Accountant (EL2 equivalent)
Our client is a large, commercially focussed infrastructure business currently undergoing change and focussed on improving their overall approach to business and corporate management. There are excellent opportunities to get involved in big, chunky projects (e.g. systems upgrade and implementation) and help drive efficiencies and business process improvements.
This is a permanent role in Canberra working closely with a medium sized corporate finance team. Your influence across the business is significant and you will get to know the whole business and work collaboratively with a wide cohort of stakeholders in order to provide the Executive & Organisational Leaders with financial insights and advice. If you enjoy working beyond the numbers to really understand and add value to the business, this is a great role for you.
This role is about analysing, solving problems and enabling business outcomes through astute analysis and management in the strategy space as it relates to budgeting and forecasting. You will engage with stakeholders right across the business from top to bottom in order to;
- Prepare and manage year end and multi year financial forecasting
- Prepare and implement budgetary and long term financial plan activities
- Assist with consolidated reporting
- Prepare regulatory submissions
- Prepare accounting journals
- Perform variance analysis, reconciliations and cost modelling
- Liaise with stakeholders to provide sound and timely financial/budget/forecasting advice
- Assist with treasury cash flow forecasts and review
- Identify areas of inefficiency and recommend areas for process and procedural improvement
This role offers variety and the opportunity to work with a high performing team and first class leaders. If you are commercial by nature and are driven to improve outcomes through your work, this role will suit you.
The Ideal Person
Our client operates in a complex business and regulatory environment. You will need first rate communication skills and a naturally curious nature in order to ask the right questions and understand the many layers of the business.
Once you grasp it, you can then really add value through your analysis, written & verbal communication, and financial management skills. Questioning assumptions, analysing financials and talking to key stakeholders are key parts of this role. You are likely an up and coming, high performing professional who has a commercial or consulting background and have built complex budgets from the bottom up.
In addition to the interpersonal and communication skills, we also require;
- Relevant finance qualifications (CA/CPA preferred but not necessarily essential)
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex scenarios and provide astute / concise financial and corporate commentary
- Demonstrated ability to manage your own workload in a mature way and balance priorities as required
- Strong experience in business report writing and using various account types
- Well developed skills in utilising a large FMIS
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills with TM1 and PowerBI/Tableau experience desirable
If you can demonstrate first class communication skills and you have the relevant commercial or consulting background, please get in touch for further details. Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
Salary / Rate
- $125K-150K + enhanced Super
- Central location with WFH available/negotiable
- Permanent, ongoing role
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. B16496.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.