Connect with Simon on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9194
Commercial Manager - Corporate Services
Are you a high performer who loves a job where you can make a commercial impact?
Are you an experienced Stakeholder Manager with a strong head for commercial business?
Our client is a large commercial business with complex business requirements and well regarded as a leading employer in the region. With excellent employment conditions and a major change agenda, there are opportunities for high performers to join the team at this level and develop towards the Senior Executive ranks.
This is a role for a high performer looking to use their core analytical and problem solving competencies to drive improvements and efficiencies in a large, complex corporate services function. There are many corporate services improvement projects on the way to cost and support, including a range of technology advances and potentially an FMIS upgrade.
Currently, the organisation has multiple business streams receiving corporate services and they are seeking to improve the service delivery model and its performance management. This position plays a key role in aligning Corporate Services with customer expectations through the establishment and ongoing maintenance of commercial, FP&A, governance and reporting arrangements.
You will get to build performance reporting dashboards and demonstrate your ability to negotiate stronger value with suppliers including with insurance contracts.
The responsibilities of this role are broad and will adapt with the changing dynamic of the demands of the organisation, these will include:
- Manage the delivery of corporate services to clients in the business
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and productivity enhancements in the corporate service provision, while maintaining service quality
- Provide accurate and timely performance reporting and dashboards for key stakeholders
- Prepare proposals and negotiate pragmatic outcomes with key stakeholders in the provision of existing, revised and additional Corporate Services
- Review business initiatives, develop/review business cases, and negotiate commercially sound outcomes
- Manage the insurance program ensuring effective and efficient policies are in place
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of systems to monitor and report on Corporate Services KPI’s
- Project manage or oversee projects to improve corporate services delivery
- Ensure appropriate contract governance including documenting contract variations
- Prepare succinct board papers and reports;
- Manage and mentor staff
- Perform compliance monitoring of contract obligations; and
The ideal candidate is a driven, outcomes focussed character with a depth of experience committing to and driving change in a large organisation. You are an adaptable and pragmatic problem solver, with the ability to quickly form strong relationships with internal clients in order to achieve results. Your professional background could be from a number of different streams (likely CPA/CA) but must include strong commerciality and a large amount of account/stakeholder management. Ideally, you will have worked in a role supporting the delivery of major corporate services functions.
Key competencies our client will be focusing on are:
- Stakeholder engagement and high-level representation skills
- High business acumen, sound strategic focus, advanced analytical/problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of commercial contracts and potentially insurance, experience with contract negotiations
- Proven continuous improvement approach, and advanced problem solving and analytical skills
$123 – $146K + Super (high super)
Interested applicants must have a strong experience in medium/large commercial organisations in Australia to be eligible to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9194