Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 23rd Oct, 2018 REF NO. BBBH7395
Commercial Financial Controller
Our client is a large commercial entity based in Canberra and with complex business requirements. You will manage the finances for this large business unit with a view to growing into a senior management role in the future
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact and to work in a specialist, high performing finance team during a critical period of change and improvement. This is a career setup opportunity for someone who is looking to make an impact. It suits a CPA/CA with strong commercial experience as a Senior Financial Accountant or Financial Controller, and with a natural affinity for business process reengineering, financial systems, business acumen and strong all round technical accounting capabilities.
This is a broad role with oversight of a key business area. Primary responsibilities would include;
- Maintain integrity of the financial reporting for the business unit.
- Ownership of balance sheet and account reconciliation processes to maintain the integrity of the general ledger and supporting sub-ledgers.
- Completion of month end closing procedures in accordance with the stated timetable and company policies.
- Completion of equity accounting with respect to investments held in joint ventures.
- Ensure that key controls over revenue and cost recognition, including the related balance sheet accounts, are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that financial models for material revenue and cost accruals are accurately maintained and updated for changes in business circumstances including ensuring that the models are subject to regular external review.
- Month end revenue, margin and cost analysis against budget across different markets and regions; including identification of anomalies for further investigation with the business.
- Preparation and management of the monthly Business Performance Report.
- Identification of opportunities to streamline and automate accounting processes and systems that enhance the level of financial control.
- Manage the year end external audit process including the preparation of variance analysis for financial reporting purposes and the review of financial statements.
- Assist the commercial team in the development of forecasts and budgets for the business area and on various projects as required.
- Provide mentoring and guidance as required to team members to assist in their skills development and career progression.
The ideal candidate is a driven, outcomes focussed character with strong communication skills and a depth of experience adapting process, controls and systems to ensure reporting delivers value add information to the business. You are an adaptable and a pragmatic problem solver, with demonstrated experience driving improvements in a medium-large commercial business. You will have a strong track record leading small to medium sized team s with the ability to structure a team to get the most out of people.
You will be rewarded with a role in a large, highly successful commercial business that promotes strongly from within and offers excellent working conditions. There is a wide range of project work on the horizon to challenge a high performer looking to make their mark.
$130 – $150k + enhanced super
This role is based in Canberra.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 7395