Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Aug, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16093
Commercial Divisional Finance Manager
Our client is a commercial, stock listed entity that is a trusted and longstanding partner of government and business. They are proud to serve over 60 million customers every year and committed to delivering best-in-class transport solutions. They are part of a global business which is headquartered in Singapore and operates a broad range of business lines.
Working in the newly established Regional Australia Division, and working out of the Queanbeyan offices, the Commercial Finance Manager runs finance for the regional NSW business line. You will help manage ~$50million in revenue across multiple sites in NSW.
With business growth, this is a newly created position to the organisation with the focus for it being on site in Queanbeyan, having previously been managed off site. As such, this is an opportunity for you to embed in a highly successful, rapidly growing business and tangibly influence business outcomes.
For example, one day, you may be speaking to the General Manager about medium term strategic business planning, the next day you may be helping the Regional Operations Manager provide costings for a new service, and the following day you may be working with the Site Manager and team on gaining cost efficiencies. In short, there is plenty of opportunity and encouragement to drive change and improvements to financial controls, systems and process.
That said, initially, the role will require you to be hands on with accounts processing, journals, and reconciliations with the intent being that your learn the business in detail from the ground up, as you then take on other responsibilities and have full ownership of the accounting.
Overall, this is an opportunity to work for an organisation with a bright future that cares deeply about providing vital services to local communities that are safe, reliable, and timely.
You will report to the Regional Financial and Commercial Manger (based in Brisbane) who has been a stalwart of the business and will provide you with strong support. You will also receive an excellent handover from the incumbent in the position, who is taking on a new role within the organisation but available to assist as you find your feet. Day to day your main interpersonal contact and stakeholders will be with the Queanbeyan depot team who enjoy a social atmosphere such as BBQs and lunches together.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Complete financial reconciliations, review and maintenance of general ledger balances across a multi-entity structure
- Reconciliation of revenue from key contracts
- Preparation and analysis of monthly Management Reports across a multi-entity structure (profit and loss, forecast and associated analysis including operational KPIs)
- Business partnering with operational and finance teams
- Deliver the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions across multiple sites; noting this is required at present, however these functions are likely to be centralised in future
- Maintain statutory and regulatory requirements including GST, FBT, Payroll Tax, Superannuation and PAYG reporting, within a group structure.
- Preparation of monthly reports for external stakeholders
- Year-end reporting (including audit management)
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Develop annual budgets and monthly rolling forecasts
- Key contributor in driving continuous improvement in the data collection, reporting and processes
- Maintain the financial management information systems (Dynamics365) to provide accurate, reliable and timely information for key internal and external stakeholders
The Ideal Person
You are an experienced and engaging commercial finance professional (CA/CPA) with a background in businesses where you have dealt with commercial contracts and had broad accounting responsibilities. You enjoy a mix of hands-on work as well as technical accounting and pride yourself on providing value-add commercial analysis and advice to the Executive. You love solving problems and your commercial acumen has been relied on previously to help grow a business and gain efficiencies through change.
You enjoy being in a busy operational finance role where you work directly with key staff on a day-to-day basis and gain a strong understanding of the business levers and drivers. You pride yourself on your ability to engage with and influence key decision makers.
Salary / Rate
- $100-125K + Super (negotiable with experience)
- Free parking
- Mature approach to work-life balance, working hours and flexibility
- Permanent, ongoing, Queanbeyan based role
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
You must be willing to undergo a police check to be successful for this role.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16093
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.