Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 14th Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16466
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) EL2
This interesting agency delivers fascinating, rarely heard of services, and operate in a “fee for service” nature – giving this government agency a commercial angle to its operations.
They have approximately 400 staff geographically dispersed across Australia.
Due to a recent promotion of the previous CTO there is now an opportunity for you to come in and make your mark as the organisation embarks on a large 3 year reform program. This program aims to modernise internal and external processes to transition the organisation to a more service focused agency.
This business led program is being enabled with the use of technology and is championed by the new CEO who has a great vision for the organisation.
High achievers with career growth goals can take advantage of promotion opportunities with a potential Band 1 position to be created soon. This will give you a great chance to come in, establish yourself, build your reputation internally and be considered first in line for this position.
You will also enjoy the responsibility of working closely with the board and the chief executives to ensure the success of both the reform program and the ICT BAU’s of the organisation.
You will also build your skills with the variety of challenging and interesting work available.
As part of the national management team you will lead and manage a multidisciplinary ICT team to deliver responsive, reliable and respective technology support services and solutions from a whole of agency perspective.
- Identify, develop and communicate strategic direction in alignment with the agency’s outcome and program structure, whole of government requirements and future capability
- Oversee a budget of $16 million for BAU and $5 million for projects
- Provide leadership and vision to 12 direct reports (including 5 x stable, high performing permanent EL1s) and 55 indirect
- Establish and manage effective business driven technology solutions which adhere to industry best practices, whole of government regulations and policies, and related agency governance and management frameworks
The Ideal Person
- An experienced EL2 (or equivalent) who has been looking for a change to be able to influence and lead a decent size team in an organisation small enough for you to make an impact but large enough to have the complexity to keep you challenged.
- Excited to be part of an organisation with an innovation culture, that’s invested in using technology modernising and change the way they do business
- A tech savvy business person who understands technology, infrastructure and architecture
- Well articulated and can speak to both technical and non technical stakeholders such as the board
Salary / Rate
- $125k-$145k + 15.4% Super or salary matched
- Section 26 transfer or 12-month initial non-ongoing engagement with extension and/or view to permanency
- IFA’s and labour hire contracts considered
- 2/3 day WFH policy once you are established
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
You must be an Australian citizen and have a minimum Baseline clearance, and the ability and desire to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting One clearance
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16466
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.