Connect with Andy on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th Dec, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12664
Chief Executive Officer - Palliative Care Australia
About Palliative Care Australia
Palliative Care Australia (PCA) is the peak national organisation representing the interests and aspirations of all who share a vision of ‘quality care for all who need it’. PCA launched in 1998 and is now recognised as the lead agency for palliative and end-of-life care by governments, stakeholder groups and consumers.
PCA is the custodian of the National Palliative Care Standards for the delivery of quality palliative care, an innovator in national community education initiatives, and the coordinator of National Palliative Care Week each May.
This is your chance to lead and grow a well-respected national peak body.
You will influence policy, promote awareness, build capacity whilst effectively managing and governing the organisation and working with a well-established, supportive and engaged board.
PCA have a strong funding model in place for the coming years, whilst in this role you will play a major part in shaping the new strategic direction
An innovative and creative media campaign will launch in 2021, whilst as the new CEO you will also oversee major events including National Palliative Care week in May and PCA’s official biennial conference; the Oceanic Palliative Care Conference which will be held virtually in September 2021.
- Reporting to the Board Chair, you will lead a team of 18 with 4 direct reports
- Provide management oversight and responsibility across the organisation to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the organisation
- Represent the interests of PCA to parliamentarians, government departments and agencies
- Develop strong strategic relationships with a range of stakeholders including national peak organisations, funding bodies and government entities
- Work closely with the National Communications Director to further enhance PCA’s position as a leader in its field
- Appoint, manage, and develop all personnel within the team, fostering a culture of excellence, investing in their professional development, and providing leadership guidance
Your Background and Experience
You will be an experienced and visionary leader with previous CEO experience or strong leadership experiences as well as a strong background in public affairs and advocacy. You will also be adept at striking the balance between team leadership with stakeholder engagement and advocacy.
You will have built high performing teams in your previous roles and be known for being both a strategic leader and someone who engages, develops and fosters strong relationships with all members of the team.
In addition, you will need to have a strong appreciation of the issues that impact individuals at end of life, their families and society. Previous health care sector experience would be an advantage, as would experience working with or in federated organisations.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. political science, health, or management) or substantial (demonstrated) equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience in healthcare advocacy, government policy, media management
- Governance experience
- Proven ability to create and sustain a strong values-based culture
- Exposure to high level government and key stakeholder engagement
Salary / Rate
- $200K – $220K + Super + Full PBI
- Free parking
- Five weeks’ annual leave
- Professional memberships allowance
- Permanent position
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Applicants are expected to provide a one-page cover letter addressing your suitability to the CEO position. Please submit your resume in Word format.
A full candidate information pack is available for suitable applicants.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andy on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12664.
Closing date for applications is midnight Monday 25th January 2021.