POSTED 10th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12321
Business Operations Manager
About St Vincent de Paul Society
The St Vincent de Paul Society Canberra/Goulburn (the Society) is a non-government, not-for-profit community organisation has a strong history helping the community since 1924. The Society helps people in need, regardless of their creed, ethnic or social background, health, gender, or political opinion. They work to shape a more just and compassionate society.
The Society runs many great programs in addition to their 27 retail outlets across the region, including programs for the homeless, mental health programs, family programs, disaster recovery programs (e.g. bushfire recovery assistance). They also offer multiple shelters, and a night patrol.
The Society has an active and engaged community of 2,500 volunteers, 625 members, and 170 staff.
Reporting to a highly experienced CFO, this newly appointed position will be responsible for the core business functions of the society across the Canberra and Goulburn regions, reaching from Tumut to Crookwell, Bateman’s Bay to Eden and everywhere in between. You will be working within an energetic and diverse team environment, with your time spent between the head office in Yarralumla and the 36 properties within the Society’s territory.
The objective of this role is to allow all staff, members, and volunteers to hit outcomes, do meaningful work, and ensure everyone heads home at the end of the day knowing they really have made a difference in the lives of many.
The Society has a mature approach to work/life balance, offering flexibility when you need it and a central location that enjoys free parking.
The Business Operations Manager plays a core role within the organisation, to keep the Society running like a well-oiled machine, key responsibilities include:
- Property and facilities management across the societies 36 properties, including 27 retail outlets
- Management of the Society’s vehicle fleet and service providers
- Event management and coordination for meetings, conferences, and training
- Secretariat function for agendas, minutes, papers, and coordination of members
- Management of on-boarding, inductions, and offboarding processes
Your Background and Experience
The successful candidate will come from a background of quality experience working in operational administration, or with similar / transferable management roles, ideally from within the not-for-profit sector, or have a reasonable understanding of the industry and its processes. The preferred candidate will want to give back to the community through cause-based work.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business management, or a related role
- Tertiary qualifications in business, management, or a related field
- Strong capabilities with database and information system software
- Proven financial and budgetary process experience
- Must have right to work in Australia to apply
Salary / Rate
- $90K – $110K + 11% Super + PBI
- Yarralumla head office location
- Free parking and flexibility available
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Day on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no.12321.