Connect with James on email, or via, via
POSTED 10th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12367
Business Analyst - Technical Delivery
About the Organisation
Our high-profile client is responsible for the design, delivery and implementation of initiatives responsible for ensuring the wellbeing of all Australians. This is a large Commonwealth agency focusing on social policy issues and experiencing significant surge in recruitment. You’ll work in a busy and fast paced environment with a focus on innovative thinking and improvement.
Join a team of Technical Consultants working on a fully outsourced and managed program for the development, implementation, and operation of a new register. You will work closely with Business Analysts, Architects, UX-ers, plus a range of business stakeholders, technical SMEs and vendors.
- Work on a ‘Tier 1’ project that has changed focus towards the strategic management of the service providers
- Develop strategic relationships with senior executives and stakeholders across the service providers
- Opportunity to consult into the business and across the branch
- Map current and future state scenarios covering use cases, data flows, workflows, and wireframes
- Review and maintain a requirements traceability matrix of agreed deliverables against sprint deliverables/backlog
- Support business teams with user acceptance testing and document test cases, test plans and support quality assurance activities
- Produce high quality written documentation including clearly defined requirements specifications, and ensure appropriate business analysis activities are undertaken to inform the solution design
- Facilitate workshops with a range of technical and business stakeholders to identify, define and validate requirements to inform the solution design and guide recommendations
- Manage stakeholder engagement and partner with technical SMEs to translate technical requirements, assumptions, constraints, and solution outcomes into business context for stakeholders
Your Background and Experience
You will bring a strong track-record in federal government as a Business Analyst or Technical Consultant, with project delivery experience.
You will have experience in Agile environments, able to facilitate workshops, and support user-testing requirements with the ability to step away from typical BA responsibilities and get involved in design discussions, cutting though the technical talk.
You have experience engaging external vendors and senior executives to consult, delivering requirements tailored appropriately to the audience.
Experience in digital health including clinical system integration and workflow, HL7 messaging will be highly regarded, as will knowledge of UX Design and the Digital Service Standard.
To be successful, applicants MUST currently hold a Baseline security clearance.
Salary / Rate
- Competitive $85 – $115 per hour + GST, based on experience
- 2 x positions available, December / January commencement
- Contract until 30 June 2021 + 12-month extension
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact James Buckland on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12367.