Connect with Kristelle on email, or via, via
POSTED 17th May, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16333
Our client is a commercial business with an incredible track record of growth – a trajectory rarely seen in our region. With strong funding and a successful business model, they will provide career growth opportunities for even the highest performer.
Join an experienced finance team in a leading commercial company, based right here in Canberra, that continuous to grow rapidly interstate. Led under a commercially astute CFO, the leadership team believe in providing their team opportunities to expand their career in the organisation so this is a great role if you’re ambitious and are keen on continuous learning and development.
Due to rapid growth and expansion across Australia, this is a newly created position for an Assistant Accountant to join the Project Accounting team working on some high value projects (one project is valued up to $300 million). You will be dealing with stakeholders across the business – from project managers, to builders, to members of the internal finance team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collate all capex payable invoices received during the month and use these to allocate capex costs as compared to budget in the relevant project financial report
- Raising of Job Cost Orders and working with internal stakeholders through the approval process
- Entry of project invoices into the finance system, assigning Job Costs Orders against these, reconciling, and reporting on variances and working with internal and external stakeholders through the approval process
- Ensuring documentation relating to invoices and Job Cost orders is captured within the financial system
- Assist with forecast cost to complete and cashflow forecasting for projects
- Set up of new suppliers within the financial system
- Flag commercial and accounting issues that will affect a project’s out turn cost
- Assist with prepare Project Accounting reports to be distributed to the Board and senior stakeholders each month, including identification of issues as compared to budget and forecast
The Ideal Person
You will be a degree qualified Accountant that has strong ambitions of completing their CA/CPA. This is not your first role – you may have previously worked for a commercial organisation but are looking to join a company that have strong internal opportunities to be promoted within. You will be known as a high performing, career focused finance professional and are looking to be stretched to the next level – you learn fast, have high attention to detail, and enjoy producing high quality outcomes. While you can work independently, you enjoy working in a team and collaborating with others to kick goals.
Salary / Rate
- $70K – $85K + Super
- Permanent full time position
- Free parking
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
You must be an Australian citizen and have a minimum Negative Vetting 1 security clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Kristelle Gadd on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID 16333.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.