Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Mar, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10713
APS6 - Work Health and Safety Advisor
Our client is a unique government organisation who is dedicated to provide a valuable service to the local community and the nation. Their policies and programs enable workers to safely and confidently perform their duties.
This position is being offered as a 3 month non-ongoing contract to the successful applicant with an option to extend.
You will play a critical role in the interpretation and advice for the implementation of legislation, regulatory and policy matters, reporting to stakeholders and and manager on matters of Work Health and Safety and Injury Management.
A tactical opportunity to move from an established government role to persue a strong career within a meaningful role that is focused on Human Relations, Workplace Health and Safety in a collaborative team environment.
As the WHS Advisor you will play a significant role with a broad range of interesting and challenging responsibilities.
Key duties include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the WHS management system.
- Provide detailed interpretive advice to stakeholders and management representatives on legislative, regulatory or procedural matters and managing the resolution of issues and complaints.
- Undertake routine liaison with internal and external clients, stakeholders and service providers.
- Provide specialist WHS advice, assistance and support in relation to WHS for our employees, clients and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of the organisations longer-term strategic and operational outcomes, the possible impacts on the broader work environment.
As the successful candidate you will have experience in a similar role within the public service.
In addition you will have:
- Experience in coordinating and facilitating consultative committees and forums.
- An established work health safety / injury management background.
- Experience in auditing health and safety management systems.
- Be a self-starter with a strong focus on delivering clear and effective advice.
Strong APS5 candidates are encouraged to apply.
$85K- $95K + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10713