Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 10th May, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16187
APS6 WHS and Wellbeing Advisor
Our client is a small to medium sized specialist service delivery organisation that operates more like a commercial organisation rather than a government agency. The HR team are inclusive, friendly and passionate in their commitment to providing high quality advice and services to the dedicated teams who carry out the important work of the department.
This 12 month non ongoing opportunity will see you provide technical and sensitive HR and Work Health and Safety advice. You will assist in the delivery of WHS strategies, business improvement programs, Rehabilitation Case management and the Wellbeing Program You will manage initiatives and interpret and implement HR and WR policies and frameworks.
As the WHS Advisor you will be responsible for, but not limed to:
- Developing and/or implementing and/or managing Work Health and Safety (WHS) and wellbeing related programs
- Ensuring timely completion of WHS incident investigations including implementation and follow up of any corrective and preventative actions
- Developing WHS insights and wellbeing initiatives by analysing incidents and interpreting trend and performance data and where required, providing evidence-based advice, including through research and data analysis, to senior management on the wellbeing program and the application of WHS legislation and related policies and procedure
- Contributing to implementation and continuous improvement of WHS management systems in accordance with legislation and policies, including development and implementation of corrective action plans, following reviews or audits
- Support health case management (in the APS context) for compensable and non-compensable matters, rehabilitation and early intervention
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders on complex and sensitive WHS and wellbeing issues, providing guidance and solutions
- Undertaking other functions to support work of the broader HR Advice and Support team when required
The Ideal Person
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated and well-developed communication skills, initiative, an effective ability to work both independently and collaboratively within and across teams, an ability to set work priorities and excellent time management skills.
You will be customer focused, highly motivated, driven and adaptable.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships across the organisation and have technical Work Health and Safety and Rehabilitation Case Management knowledge and experience.
Salary / Rate
- $80K – $90K per year plus Super
- 12 month non-ongoing
- Baseline clearance preferred
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH ID. 16187
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.