Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 2nd Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12084
APS6 Senior Reconsideration Officer
This unique government organisation provides a valued service to the local community and the nation. Their policies and programs enable workers to perform their duties while providing discipline specific clinical advice to help manage claims safely and confidently with a focus on rehabilitation, return to work and health outcomes.
This non-ongoing opportunity will see you working as part of a Reconsiderations and Appeals team responsible for the statutory reconsideration of claims decisions. As the Senior Claims Manager, you will have the chance to make a difference to people’s lives and working conditions.
You will be working directly to the Assistant Director and may assist with the supervision of other team members.
As the Senior Reconsideration Officer, you will be contributing to and managing a range of reconsiderations including engagement with claimants, employers, and medical providers.
You will be the decision maker for medium to low risk reconsiderations along with:
- Delivering reconsideration services in line with the claim’s management strategy including achieving targets and contributing to successful completion of improvement projects. This includes monitoring claims management activities and compliance
- Working across client agencies to focus on the delivery of consistent claims management, positive claim outcomes, sharing information, better practice and resolving conflicts
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Connecting and integrating reconsiderations with other functions across the APS
Your Background and Experience
As the Senior Reconsideration Officer, you will have experience working with legislation in service delivery operations with strong communication skills with a proven ability to negotiate and communicate with influence.
You will have a proven ability to achieve results with a high level of attention to detail. You will also have a strong client focus and commitment to providing effective services and professional advice to clients.
Tertiary qualifications in law is highly desirable. You must have a Baseline clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
Salary / Rate
- $86K – $96K + Super
- 6-12 month non-ongoing contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12084.