Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12435
APS6 Senior Policy Officer
Our client is a large federal government department that drives growth and job creation for a more prosperous Australia, by facilitating economic transformation and boosting business competitiveness.
You will join a team that is responsible for improving the energy efficiency of commercial buildings through projects that support businesses to make informed energy choices and ensure industry can deliver improved energy efficiency.
This is an initial 6 month contract with the option to extend for up to 18 months. It’s an opportunity to:
- Contribute to exciting and fulfilling work that makes a difference to Australia’s climate
- Join a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces innovative and strategic thinking
- Work with motivated and experienced leaders who encourage and support your development and career goals
- Engage with a range of stakeholders and establish strong networks within the sector
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects, including conducting procurement processes, managing contracts, and engaging with stakeholders and other relevant government agencies and across the department
- Providing secretariat support for large consultation processes involving a wide range of industry stakeholders
- Researching and obtaining technical advice to inform the development of briefing or management of projects
- Preparing high-quality reports, briefs and procurement documentation
- Liaising and communicating with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders on new and existing policy options and maintaining and developing effective partnerships
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a background in building energy efficiency or government policy development, research and contract management.
You’ll also have:
- Ability to understand and interpret technical information to inform policy advice
- Strong communication and secretariat skills to support large industry consultation processes
- Excellent writing skills including the ability to produce briefs, contracts and research summaries
- Capacity to solve problems and develop innovative solutions
Salary / Rate
- $55 – $70 per hour + 9.5% Super
- Initial 6 month contract with the option to extend for up to 18 months
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12435.