Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 2nd Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12083
APS6 Senior Claims Manager
This unique government organisation provides a valued service to the local community and the nation. Their policies and programs enable workers to perform their duties while providing discipline specific clinical advice to help manage claims safely and confidently with a focus on rehabilitation, return to work and health outcomes.
This non-ongoing opportunity will see you working as part of a supportive claims team responsible for the management of workers’ compensation claims. As the Senior Claims Manager, you will have the chance to make a difference to peoples lives and working conditions.
You will be working directly to the Assistant Director and may assist with the supervision of other team members.
As the Senior Claims Manager, you will be responsible for managing higher risk and complex claims while engaging with claimants, employers, and medical providers to achieve return to work outcomes.
Duties will include:
- Contributing to the Corporate Plan and claims management strategy and operating model
- Monitoring claims management activities and compliance
- Managing medium to higher risk claims in accordance with approved claim plans including making decisions in line with a plan
- Escalating issues where required and drive claims to achieve desired outcomes
- Connecting and integrating claims management with other functions across the APS
Your Background and Experience
As the Senior Claims Manager, you will have tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as law, health, compensation, business or management along with experience in an insurance or injury compensation environment.
You will have a proven ability to achieve results with a high level of attention to detail.
You will have a strong client focus and commitment to providing effective services and professional advice to clients.
Salary / Rate
- $86K – $96K + Super
- 6-12 month non-ongoing contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12083.