Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9190
APS6 Security Policy Officer - Multiple Roles - Section 26 Only
Our client is a Commonwealth government department which aims to promote the security of Australia and protect its people and its national interests.
This is an opportunity for current permanent APS employees to Section 26 transfer into this permanent role.
You will be involved in a new and interesting program that was rolled out in April 2019 – the Defence Industry Security Program (DISP). DISP helps Australian businesses and innovators protect their information and assets in order to supply goods and services to the department.
You will work within a team that supports your learning and development and is dedicated to making you a valued member of the team.
In this role, you will work within the Industry Security Policy Team to:
- Maintain the contemporary Defence industry security policy setting
- Implement the new Defence Industry Security Program (DISP) that was launched on the 9 April 2019
- Coordinate and process DISP applications
- Communicate and outreach to stakeholders regarding the DISP, which could include attending events and tradeshows (domestic travel is required)
- Provide security advice to industry stakeholders and refer them to specialists where required
The ideal candidate will have experience in policy development and implementation at the APS6 level. Having security-related knowledge and experience will be advantageous.
It is essential that you have the following qualities:
- Highly motivated, proactive and initiative-driven
- Willing to challenge norms and propose alternative ways of doing business
- Critical and analytical thinker
- Problem solver
You must be a current permanent APS employee.
You must be an Australian citizen.
You must have a Baseline security clearance.
$80k – $95k per year + 15.4% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9190