Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 8th Jun, 2018 REF NO. BBBH7366
APS6 Security Advisor - NV2 Secure Zone Management
Our client is a central Government Department contributing to Australia’s policy development and outcomes. Nationally located this Department spans across a wide range of stakeholders and is considered one of the best to work for. Modern offices, flexible working arrangements and a strong emphasis on culture.
Replacing a seconded employee this role will support the Assistant Agency Security Advisor on the development and upgrades of several secure zones within the department and across some shared tenancies. An initial contract or 3 – 6 months is on offer with a potential for extension based on volume of work and your calibre in the role.
Working in a large PHYSEC team this role will report to the Assistant Agency Security Advisor as well as having immediate access to the ASA and other senior managers. Supporting contractors, consultants and inter-agency stakeholders this will be a challenging and fast paced roles suited to a highly experienced PHYSEC advisor.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include;
- Providing strategic and operational advice to key senior stakeholders on all PHYSEC matters covered within the PSPF
- Managing accreditation and reviews in conjunction with T4
- Coordinating SCEC tests, penetration testing and reviews
- Undertaking risk assessments & coordination mitigation strategies
- Supervising and delegation of administrative duties to APS4/5 staff
- Maintaining sound records and logs of incidents, breaches and security notifications
- Supporting general physical security operations when needed
You will be a professional security manager with a background providing physical security services in a Secured Zone environment. This is not a desk position to sit behind policy you will be out managing stakeholders and delivering on real projects with tight and critical timelines. Only candidates with a minimum of three years of experience managing requirements in a zone five environment will be considered for this role.
Due to the immediate start of this role a NV1 will be required and preferable a current NV2.
Succeed in this role and you will have the pick of roles! Apply today and make that career step a leap!
$60 – 65/hr + Super