Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12439
APS6 Regulatory Program Officer
Our client is a federal government department that develops and implements policies and programs to ensure Australia’s agricultural, fisheries, food, environment and forestry industries remain competitive, profitable and sustainable. With approximately 5000 staff nationwide, they have excellent career opportunities for someone looking to pursue a career in agriculture, biosecurity, environment or sustainability sectors.
Major developments in Australia’s waste and recycling policy over the last 12 months include a decision by the Prime Minister and first ministers to ban the export of waste plastics, paper, glass, and tyres, as well as initiatives to reduce TV and computer waste. Join the movement and make an impact!
You will join the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme. This is an opportunity to:
- Develop your regulatory skills in federal government
- Secure a long-term contract in federal government (potentially 18 months with extension)
- Be involved in developing and implementing innovative waste policy that impacts the lives of every Australian
- Work collaboratively with state and territory governments, local government and industry to deliver tangible sustainability results
The core duties of the role include:
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the Co-regulatory arrangement under the Product Stewardship Act 2011 and the Product Stewardship (Televisions and Computers) Regulations 2011
- Undertake ‘soft’ compliance activity including following up data/reporting discrepancies, managing and reporting on NTCRS program risk
- Assist with addressing recommendations of a recent review of the Acts
- Maintain accurate records of stakeholder engagement
- Ability to assist with policy development and scheme improvement activities
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in a regulatory role in federal government. It’s not essential for this regulatory experience to be in the environmental sector, however this will be highly advantageous.
The branch is dynamic and fast-paced and to be successful in this role you will also need the following:
- Ability to read and apply legislation and rules of the scheme
- Confident and effective stakeholder communication skills
- A proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Resilience and the ability to be flexible in response to changes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound judgement and excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Salary / Rate
- $55 – $65 per hour + 9.5% super
- Long term 12 month contract with 6 month extension available
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12439.