Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 23rd Sep, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11898
APS6 Procurement Officers
Our client is an independent Commonwealth Agency with a diverse workforce that aims to improve the economic and social outcomes of Australians with a significant and permanent disability. You’ll join an organisation that makes a genuine impact on hundreds of thousands of Australians to help them participate in the community and reach their goals.
Our client is looking to build capability within the Procurement Strategy and Procurement Operations teams. You will join a team of practitioners that manage end to end, high value procurements within a shared services model. The team is currently working on a $700 million program procurement process.
It’s an opportunity to:
- Gain security in a long-term contract where you will make a genuine impact
- Work in a fresh specialist team with great people in a light-hearted and friendly environment
- Create strong relationships with senior executives with the Branch Manager sitting a few seats away from you
- Develop leadership skills by mentoring and guiding junior staff
- Obtain a Baseline security clearance if you don’t already have one
There are two long-term APS6 contract positions available within the team. You will be engaged initially on a 12-month contract with the potential to be extended for an additional 12 months.
You will provide detailed technical, professional, and policy advice in relation to complex procurement and contract management problems. Specifically, you will:
- Help deliver and promote a culture of exceptional customer experience to internal and external clients and stakeholders including monitoring and reporting on the impact of customer service activities
- Assist in the day to day management of team members including mentoring and leadership
- Propose and facilitate process improvement strategies, contribute to the development of team objectives and assist in setting priorities for the team
- Actively manage relationships with strategic suppliers to develop and foster a collaborative engagement model with Agency stakeholders
- Work with business areas to undertake their procurement and contract management activities that enhance opportunities for collaboration, supplier innovation and service delivery improvements
- Assist in driving value for money outcomes through compliance with legislative, financial and administrative frameworks
- Evaluate the effectiveness of risk management and risk assessment activities within procurement and contract management activities
Your Background and Experience
To be successful in this role, you must have experience in procurement and/or contract management within either government or non-government sectors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of sourcing methods and end-to-end procurement and contract management activities
- Familiarity with purchasing systems and processes and supplier management principles
- A drive to maintain strong team cohesion and quality outputs
- The ability to provide a mentoring and leadership role within the team
- The ability to develop strong relationships with both senior internal and external stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including minutes, reports and other complex correspondence
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
- Be willing to undergo a Baseline security clearance vetting process (please note a clearance is not a pre-requisite for the role)
Salary / Rate
- $55 – $65/hr + 9.5% Super
- 2 x APS6 contracts available
- 12-month labour hire contracts with 12-month extension options
How to Apply
These are exclusive roles that only HorizonOne Recruitment have available. To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 11898.