Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 9th Feb, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10655
APS6 Procurement and Facilities Security Advisor
Our client is a small independent Commonwealth statutory authority located in north Canberra. You will be working for an agency that regulates the communications and media industries to maximise the economic and social benefits of Australia. The agency sits under a sought after federal government department’s portfolio.
The Facilities Procurement and Security Section that you will join is a small, collaborative and collegiate team that is well respected within the agency. They have well established procurement processes and templates in place, so you will be given the resources to excel in your role.
This opportunity is a 12-month non-ongoing role. There is, however, a permanent vacancy within the team which means that there is a possibility that you will be made permanent if you are a high performer.
This is an opportunity to gain security and longevity in a contract role. As it is a non-ongoing position, you will accrue sick leave, annual leave and long service leave, as well as 15.4% super.
In this role you will work across two teams: the procurement team and the facilities and non-IT security team.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide timely advice to internal practitioners on all aspects of approaches to market, including requests for tender and offers and procurement panel management
- Assist line areas in obtaining line area delegate approval for all procurements and evaluation reports
- Assist in drafting contracts, purchase order requests and related contract management plans
- Quickly adapt to and use provided procurement materials and formats
- Assist the EL1 manager of facilities and security with office refits, day to day physical office maintenance, physical security and arranging police checks for new staff.
To be successful in this role you will be flexible and willing to work across both teams. You will have experience in government procurement and be well versed in applying the Commonwealth Procurement Rules in a practical context. It isn’t necessary for you to have experience in facilities or security management, but a willingness to learn and assist in this area is essential. If you work well in a fast-paced environment, anticipate stakeholder’s expectations and have a proven capacity to actively listen to staff and colleagues, then this role will be a great fit for you.
A Baseline security clearance and a Cert IV in Government Procurement are desirable but aren’t essential. You must, however, be an Australian citizen.
$81K – $93K + 15.4% super.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10655