Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9017
APS6 Procurement Advice Officer
Our client is an Australian Government Statutory Authority which regulates Australia’s broadcasting, internet, radiocommunications and telecommunications.
This opportunity is an initial 6-month contract role with extension options for a high performing candidate. It is a broad and diverse role working in a small collaborative team of three people of varying APS levels.
It is an opportunity to broaden your experience as you help facilitate the process of high-value procurements and have a hands-on, in-depth end-to-end involvement in lower-value procurements.
In this role you will:
- Provide timely advice on all aspects of approaches to market, including Request for Tenders and Offers and procurements from procurement panels
- Assist in obtaining approval for all procurements and evaluation reports
- Assist to draft contracts, purchase order requests and related contract management plans
- Interpret and apply the Commonwealth Procurement Rules (CPRs) and relevant legislation for complex matters requiring consultation, negotiation and the provision of sound advice
- Undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions
The ideal candidate will have experience in Commonwealth government procurement practices, including interpreting and applying relevant legislation, rules and regulations. You will need to quickly adapt to the client’s procurement formats and templates.
Additionally, you will have:
- Influential, clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- The capacity to focus in a high-pressure environment
- Resilience to achieve objectives in difficult circumstances
- High-level problem-solving skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Flexibility, adaptability and self-motivation
A Certificate IV or above in Government Procurement is highly desirable.
You must be willing to undergo a police check.
$54 – $63 per hour + 9.5% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9017