Connect with Abbie on email, or via, via
POSTED 15th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16479
APS6 Policy & Program Officer
The Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications & The Arts
This is a large federal government department with a highly varied remit.
You will join the Territories Division, which administers Australia’s non-self-governing territories. The Norfolk Island Branch is responsible for service delivery, policy development, governance and legal reform on Norfolk Island and provides the Australian Government with strategic policy advice in relation to the Commonwealth’s interests in Norfolk Island.
This is a highly unique area of federal government as they provide services to Norfolk Island that are typically provided by local and state government, such as education service delivery, health, child and family wellbeing services, workers compensation and policing.
APS6, 12-month non-ongoing contract with likely extension in the Service Delivery Section.
This is a unique and interesting opportunity to:
- Make a difference to the lives of people living in a regional community
- Work in a fast-paced environment across a diverse range of strategic policy topics
- Coordinate and liaise across local, state and federal government delivering three levels of service
- Join a safe and supportive environment with a very appreciative and friendly team on your side
This position involves policy development, program management and secretariat support. With a specific focus on education service delivery.
Your ole will involve:
- Research key issues relating to the delivery of state services for Norfolk Island, developing policy options and providing recommendations
- Think critically about different stakeholder perspectives and prepare papers on the outcomes of your research, including on matters raised by the Norfolk Island Administrator, residents and external parties
- Assist in the management of a number of contracts including review of reports with providers for service delivery of education, policing or workers compensation services on Norfolk Island
- Liaise with other sections, external agencies and external stakeholders and facilitate cross-agency or multi-agency planning of program delivery
- Prepare and coordinate correspondence, briefs and other documents; including review of monthly reports from service providers to ensure performance measures are being delivered
- Provide input on budget measures and contribute to monthly financial reporting for the section
- Provide secretariat support to various committees that come under the responsibility of the team including the Education Inter-agency working group
The Ideal Person
If you have experience in policy development, program management or secretariat support in a government environment (state or federal), you will be a strong fit for this role.
It will also have:
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills to engage with external consultants
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well within a collaborative team environment
- Strong time management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to undergo a police check
- Have a Baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain one
Salary / Rate
- APS6 12-month non-ongoing contract with likely extension
- $85,889 – $96,267 + 15.4% super
- Office is located in Civic, Canberra
- Flexible WFH options available 2 days per week
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Abbie Seddon on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16479
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.