Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Jan, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10612
APS6 Policy Officer
Our client is a Federal Government department responsible for consolidating the Government’s efforts to drive economic growth, productivity and competitiveness by bringing together industry, energy, resources and science.
This opportunity is a 10-month hourly rate contract with 2 x 6-month extensions options available for a high performing candidate. The contract is estimated to start on 2 March 2020 and continue through until 31 December 2020.
You’ll be working within the Governance and Assurance Section of the Shared Services Branch, which provides a fast-paced and agile working environment to its contractors. This is an opportunity to expand your generalist policy skills in a Commonwealth Government environment, as well as develop specialist skills in audit and assurance.
In this role you will:
- Develop high level correspondence and documents to support the audit and assurance activities
- Draft minutes, cover sheets and other documentation as required for meetings
- Assist with the writing and/or proof reading of meeting papers and other documents
- Provide input into section reports
- Communicate outcomes and impacts across other areas and ensuring information is passed on to stakeholders (internal and external to the branch)
- Ensure artefacts are saved and documented in the department’s information management system accurately
- Participate in scrum activities for the effective management of section activities, including running scrum meetings as required
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations achieved through research and stakeholder feedback
- Ensure continuous review of audit and assurance processes and procedures, suggesting and undertaking improvement activities.
You will be suited to this role if you have experience in policy and high level correspondence within a Commonwealth Government department. You’ll have a strong ability to think strategically, synthesise complex information and identify effective solutions to problems as they arise. You’ll have strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to generate high-quality correspondence and briefings.
A background in the areas of audit, assurance or governance will be highly regarded.
You must be an Australian citizen, hold a baseline security clearance and be willing to undergo a police check.
$55 – $65 per hour + 9.5% super.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10612