Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th May, 2022 REF NO. BBBH15833
APS6 Planning and Performance Reporting Specialist
Our client is a small statutory authority with an emphasis on regulation to maximise economic and social benefits for Australia. They fall under a sought-after Federal Government Department’s portfolio.
You’ll be working directly with the Assistant Manager to upskill your strategic thinking. You’ll be coordinating and developing the agency’s strategic planning and performance reporting processes, engaging with divisional stakeholders, and developing briefing material. This includes reporting under the Regulatory Performance Framework (with a goal to reduce unnecessary and inefficient regulation). You may also be involved in the coordination and provision of advice on the Regulatory Impact Assessment Framework.
This is a chance to contribute to continual development of performance culture, in an organisation that regulates communications and media – which has a powerful and important impact on our community.
As the Planning and Performance Reporting Specialist your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the EL1 in the development and coordination of the corporate plan, including project planning and the development of performance measures
- Assist the EL1 in the development and coordination of project planning and performance measurement activities, with a focus on collating, explaining and presenting the annual performance information against relevant performance measures and criteria
- Project planning and coordination of the development of the annual report
- Coordinate the reporting responsibilities under the Regulator Performance Framework and develop measures to be included in the Better Regulatory Practice Initiative
- Work collaboratively with, and anticipate + respond to, stakeholder needs and expectations
- Establish clear plans and timeframes for project implementation to ensure key milestones are delivered
- Demonstrate high level written communication skills including strong attention to detail, proofreading and editing skills
- Develop quality briefing materials to report on the above activities, and brief executive on the evolving environment
Your Background and Experience
You are an enthusiastic individual who thrives on engaging with stakeholders and is passionate about the continual development of the performance culture within the agency.
You are motivated, creative and outcomes focused, this enthusiasm will be complemented by excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering projects.
The role will suit someone with proven research and analytical skills, strong written communication skills and a strong desire to achieve high quality outcomes.
Salary / Rate
- $80 – $90K per year plus 15.4% Super
- Permanent opportunity – open to S26 Transfers
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 15833
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.