Connect with Emma on email, or via, via
POSTED 2nd Jun, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16451
APS6 Management / Project Accountant
This unique Government entity with a focus on the provision of services. They provide an excellent range of career opportunities for commercial finance people looking to transition into a Government related roles, as they operate more like a commercial business but within Government accounting frameworks.
As part of a small and friendly team, strong performers will be quickly identified, and there is good opportunity to be noticed and see a permanent appointment and potential for increased responsibilities. This role has good variety with big picture exposure to the organisation due to the smaller team environment.
This role supports the Financial Controller and Senior Project Accountant with project analysis and financial management. It is being offered initially as a 12 month contract with potential to extend. Those with experience in commercial financial management particularly in the construction and property industry will be highly regarded. There is opportunity for career advancement, APS5 will also be considered in an acting role as a APS6.
While those with experience in management accounting in a small to medium sized Commonwealth Government Agency will be highly regarded, those outside the Public Service will be considered, particularly those experienced in external budgeting and communicating financials to non-financial stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with development managers, business project managers and other key stakeholders to identify and maximise tax benefit R&D Regime
- Assist the tax team to ensure financial data is accurately captured and reliable to successfully lodge and manage their R&D claims
- Represent the finance division at meetings to provide advice on both short term and long term budget and cash flow forecasts
- Analyse business processes, make recommendations regarding improvements to ensure best practice
- Assist the tax team to manage an R&D framework on an ongoing basis
- Other duties as directed
You will be a commercially astute and degree qualified Management Accountant who has completed a CA/CPA or have strong progression towards. You are known for having excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy building relationships with stakeholders. Experience in the construction and property sector will be highly regarded. Strong expertise with Microsoft Excel, EstateMaster and/or TM1 also well regarded.
A Baseline Security clearance will be required, and current Australian Citizenship is mandatory.
- $92,000K – 99,500K + 15.4% Super
- Initial 12 month contract + extension and permanency options
- Salary match for S26 transfers
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Emma Wentworth on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 16451