Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 30th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9145
APS6 Management Accountant - Internal Budgets
Large Government entity located in Canberra. Good sized finance team with ample opportunity for career development.
If you desire an opportunity for greater exposure in a small, friendly and relaxed team, this could be for you. Following the promotion of the incumbent, this is initially a six-month hourly rate contract with a good opportunity for a permanent role for a strong performer as this is a vacant role. For those already in the APS, this is a transfer opportunity. Day to day you will have significant exposure to internal budgeting. If you are seeking to develop a career in Government Management Accounting, this is a good role for your learning and development.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Review capital costings work, including sense checking the numbers, understanding assumptions, and performing due diligence activity
- Develop and maintain supporting worksheets for internal budgets and costings
- Assist to coordinate budget processes and budget documentation
- Work with the finance business partners to prepare relevant reports and documents
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to understand their business areas and key programmes so that you can assist with accurate costings and forecasts underpinned by supported assumptions
This is a numbers-focused role that requires strong analysing skills. You are a person who can learn fast and contribute quickly. Qualified accountants with Big4 advisory backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant accounting qualifications including CA/CPA or good progress towards
- Previous experience in management accounting
- Sound awareness of the PGPA Act and its compliance requirements
- High attention to detail in your numbers and for documenting assumptions
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to analyse and interrogate data
- Well-honed writing skills
- A high level of organisation with the ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly developed interpersonal engagement skills
You must be an Australian Citizen with ability to obtain a Baseline AGSVA security clearance.
$50 – $63 per hour + super (Immediate start)
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9145