Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8710
APS6 Management Accountant (Cost Modelling)
Our client is a Federal Government Department that develops and implements policies and programmes to ensure the competiveness, profitability and sustainability of a broad range of Australian industries. They are centrally located and have modern offices.
Our client is seeking an APS6 Accountant with strong costing / financial modelling expertise for a contract or permanent position. You may have developed this experience in a similar role in the private sector. Working in this role will provide you with broad exposure and strong career development opportunities. This is a great opportunity to join Government in an interesting role that will test your analysis skills and challenge your thinking.
Reporting to the Director, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Contribute to the development of financial policies and governance documents
- Liaise with business units, other government agencies and bodies
- Assist in providing specialist advice to Managers on revenue, pricing and cost recovery
- Cost recovery and general financial modelling in line with government guidelines
- Develop and maintain supporting worksheets and templates
- Assist to coordinate budget process and budget documentation
- Undertake complex modelling and analysis supporting the efficient, effective and transparent provision of cost recovered services
You will be a high performing Management Accountant with strong problem solving skills and the ability navigate the ‘grey’ areas to produce supportable costing assumptions. You will develop cost models and ensure the business is provided with meaningful insight and analysis to facilitate decisions.
Experience and skills required for the role include:
- Experience and demonstrated ability in the development and maintenance of complex costing models and costing analysis
- High level conceptual and analytical skills. Able to define problems and adapt analytical tools and frameworks to resolve more complex issues
- Strong accounting technician with relevant tertiary qualifications and CPA/CA
- Strong Excel skills
Applicant MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
$82k – $93k + super or equivalent hourly rate.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8710.