Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8713
APS6 Management Accountant - Budget Costings Review
Our client is a Federal Government agency located centrally in Canberra. They are a large Department with a relaxed but professional environment.
If you desire an opportunity for greater exposure in a small, friendly and relaxed team, this could be for you. This is initially a six-month hourly rate contract with good opportunity for a permanent role for a strong performer. Day to day you will have significant exposure to internal budgeting and costings. If you are seeking to develop a career in Government Management Accounting, this is a good role for your learning and development.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Review capital costings work, including sense checking the numbers, understanding assumptions, and performing due diligence activity
- Develop and maintain supporting worksheets for internal budgets and costings.
- Assist to coordinate budget process and budget documentation
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to understand their business areas and key programmes so that you can assist with accurate costings and forecasts underpinned by supported assumptions
This is a numbers focused role that requires strong analysing skills. You are a person who can learn fast and contribute quickly. Qualified accountants with Big4 advisory backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant accounting qualifications including CA/CPA or good progress towards
- Previous experience in management accounting
- Sound awareness of the PGPA Act and its compliance requirements
- High attention to detail in your numbers and for documenting assumptions
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with ability to analyse and interrogate data
- A high level of organisation with ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly developed interpersonal engagement skills
$50 – $60 per hour + super (Immediate start)
You must be an Australian Citizen with ability to obtain a Baseline AGSVA security clearance.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8713