Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th May, 2022 REF NO. BBBH15718
APS6 Management Accountant
Centrally located Australian Government Department with a small, relaxed and friendly team. Plus, great working conditions and benefits.
This role is being offered as a 12 month non-ongoing contract role working within the organisation’s Finance branch. As part of a small, friendly and high performing Management Accounting team, strong performers will be quickly identified, and there is opportunity to be noticed and see a permanent appointment and potential for increased responsibilities including acting for the Assistant Director when they are on leave.
This role has a focus on Commonwealth Government management accounting and there is good variety with big picture exposure – you will gain experience with internal budgets, external budgets, new policy proposals, and business partnering. You will see processes from end to end and will have the chance to improve on the status quo.
Whilst those with experience in management accounting in a small to medium sized Commonwealth Government Agency will be highly regarded, those outside the Public Service will be considered, particularly those experienced in budgeting, project accounting, and communicating financials to non-financial stakeholders. Should you be coming from outside the Public Service, this is an opportunity to work with an energetic and progressive Director who will give you training, guidance, coaching and mentorship as you embark on a Government career.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare both administered and departmental budget development and review/analysis, along with provision of accounting advice on projects
- Prepare and present internal reporting to help senior executives with their decision making
- Assist with the management of appropriations and external budgets
- Build good working partnerships with business areas by developing and providing trusted advice
- Assist with written material including business cases, Senate Estimates and Committee papers
- Contribute to continuous business improvement with ideas and suggestions
- Maintain and improve dashboard reporting
- Project and ad hoc work as required
Your Background and Experience
You are a clear communicator who enjoys working with others to kick goals. You are known for high attention to detail in your work and take pride in getting the job done to a high standard and on time. You enjoy understanding and telling the story behind the numbers and you use your initiative to solve problems and add value.
Relevant degree qualifications are essential with a CA/CPA or working towards desirable.
A Baseline Security clearance will be required and Australian Citizenship is mandatory.
Salary / Rate
- $85-95K + enhanced Super
- Free parking + other fringe benefits
- 12 month non-ongoing contract with view to permanency
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 15718
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.