Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12404
APS6 Management Accountant
About the Organisation
This Federal Department is performing a critical function as Government responds to the challenges of economic recovery. We have worked closely with this team over a number of years and they are known for helping top talent assimilate into a high performing APS context.
This is a non-ongoing or hourly rate contract role to end of financial year, where a strong performer will have good opportunity for a permanent appointment and future career progression in a large sized corporate finance team that is currently undertaking vital work to aid with economic recovery. This team is improvement focussed and there is a strong appetite for documenting and maturing processes with a view to efficiency and effectiveness gains. Your ideas will be welcome!
Whilst those with experience in management accounting within or consulting into the Commonwealth Government will be highly regarded, those outside the Public Service will certainly be considered, particularly those experienced in budgeting, forecasting, and communicating financials to non-financial stakeholders in large commercial contexts. For those in the APS, this is an opportunity for a permanent s26 transfer for a high performing APS5 or APS6 seeking a change.
Should you be coming from outside the Public Service, this is an opportunity to work with a highly experienced Director and Assistant Director who will provide you training, guidance, and mentorship as you commence a Government career.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking month end processes including commitment reporting, accruals, and reconciliations.
- Delivering accurate and timely month end reporting, including the analysis of business risks and other analysis/commentary that is fit for purpose and suited to the audience.
- Cost recovery activities.
- Providing assistance to internal and external clients on departmental and administered programs.
- Contributing to process improvement activities.
- Advising and supporting clients on a range of financial matters, including compliance.
- Adhoc tasks as required and directed.
Your Background and Experience
You are a person who is enthusiastic, communicative, and enjoys working with others to kick goals. You are known for having excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy building strong relationships with stakeholders. You enjoy understanding and telling the story behind the numbers and you are motivated by making a difference in an Agency that has a national and international reach. It is likely that you are already in a role but have made the decision to start or continue building your career in Federal Government.
Relevant degree qualifications are essential with CA/CPA or progress towards well regarded. SAP/TechOne/TM1 experience is highly desirable but not essential.
An AGSVA Security clearance will be required once in the role and so current Australian Citizenship is mandatory.
Salary / Rate
- $85k – $95k + 15.4% Super or equivalent hourly rate
- Central location
- Contract role with view to permanency or s26 transfer
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12404