Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Sep, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12058
APS6 Injury Case Manager
This unique government organisation provides a valued service to the local community and the nation. Their policies and programs enable workers to perform their duties while providing discipline specific clinical advice to help manage claims safely and confidently with a focus on rehabilitation, return to work and health outcomes.
This is a 12 month non-ongoing opportunity to work in a supportive team to achieve effective return to work outcomes while supervising the day to day operations of the injury management function ensuring that all activities are compliant with relevant legislation and policies.
This is an opportunity to contribute to the development of team objectives in the short term, as well as strategic planning for the long term.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Injury Management Advisor is an injury management specialist who, as part of a small team, helps to manage claims with a focus on correct diagnosis, treatment and return to health.
- Interpret and apply legislation, policies and procedures and clinical knowledge to provide expert advice to internal and external stakeholders, to improve rehabilitation and injury management
- Consult with relevant stakeholders to provide relevant advice specific to each claim
- Facilitate case conferences between stakeholders to develop effective rehabilitation strategies
- Develop strategies for the management of high-risk claims based on best practice and evidence-based decision making
- Review requests from treating healthcare practitioners and provide evidence-based recommendations
- Develop and maintain complex internal and external relationships with stakeholders, providing appropriate advice and managing the resolution of issues or complaints
- Mentor, guide, train and support less experienced staff to ensure individual and team goals are achieved
Your Background and Experience
As the Injury Management Advisor, you will have a proven ability to achieve results with a high level of attention to detail.
You will have a strong client focus and commitment to providing effective services and professional advice to clients.
You will have tertiary qualifications in medical or allied health, the ability to be registered with the relevant professional association and experience in rehabilitation, and/or injury management.
Knowledge of the Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 legislation is highly desirable.
Salary / Rate
- $86K – $96K + Super
- 12 month non-ongoing contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12058.