Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Jul, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9446
APS6 HR Advisor
A world-renowned research, collections and publishing organisation responsible for the promotion of knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, traditions, languages and stories, past and present.
The activities of this reputable organisation affirm and raise awareness of the richness and diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and histories.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, and extremely close knit HR team that is primarily responsible for Human Resources across the organisation. This organisation is filled with proud, passionate and educated staff who are invested in the strategic direction and come to work each day because they love what they do, not just for the pay check! This role will see you providing strategic advice to staff alongside the design and implementation of procedures to support the Shared Services transition.
Working closely with the HR team you will provide high level advice, guidance and support in a range of HR areas.
You will be responsible for the management and day to day operations of personnel administration including but not limited to:
- Support Shared Service transition
- Manage payroll administration under a Shared Service arrangement
- HR metric including workforce data and reporting requirements
In addition to the above, the APS6 HR Advisor will be required to contribute to the planning and implementation of HR policies, which align to the Corporate Plan and provide high level HR advice to employees at all levels delivering quality customer service through fair and timely advice within legislative and policy guidelines.
To be successful in this role, you will have a thorough and expansive understanding Human Resources within the APS.
Your expertise in complex payroll, superannuation, tax, long service leave, maternity leave and HR information systems administration will see you succeed in this role.
In addition to this you will be;
- Able to engage with staff effectively, and possess the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Able to build strong and effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong communicator with well-developed written and verbal skills
- Able to liaise effectively with peers in a changing environment within a culturally diverse workforce
- A team player with a fun and vibrant personality, eager to contribute to the team
Industrial Relations experience is desirable but not essential.
$70k to $80k Plus super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9446