Connect with Andy on email, or via, via
POSTED 19th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12486
APS6 Gene Technology Risk Analyst
About the Organisation
This small agency located in Woden focuses on protecting the health and safety of people and the environment, by identifying risks posed by advancing gene technology.
This organisation is known for onboard candidates without APS experience, giving them that first experience of Federal Government. Many contractors will go on to secure longer term contracts or permanent positions within areas of the Department of Health or the TGA.
This is an opportunity to work in small high performing team that has a current focus on the COVID-19 vaccine as well as other essential work. Naturally, this work will impact the lives of all Australians, being a once in a lifetime project of work.
- Initially this is a 7 month contract, there may be extensions, but this is not guaranteed
- You’ll be working as part of a small, liked mind team with an excellent culture, fostered by a common goal
- This is an excellent opportunity to step into the APS. Many staff joining this organisation may come from research or tertiary education backgrounds
- Currently there are 3 positions available
As pat of this role you will conduct risk assessments on the applications of vaccines. These assessments can be up to 50 pages, so a high degree of technical writing and research analysis is essential. In addition, you will:
- Provide scientific support to the regulator including technical aspects of applications for work involving gene technology
- Prepare high quality science based risk assessments and risk management plans, within a risk analysis framework, in response to licence applications
- Evaluate applications for certification of facilities
- Prepare documents including minutes, reports, issues papers, papers for consideration by expert committees, guidelines, and technical and general correspondence
- Undertake research or other relevant project work
- Liaise with staff and external stakeholders, including scientific committee members, government agencies, representatives of research institutions and industry, and members of the public
Your Background and Experience
Previous APS experience is not essential for this role. However, you will need a minimum of a BSc or similar Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, toxicology, immunology, microbiology, virology or pathology.
A postgraduate degree and/or extensive research experience and/or experience in risk assessment is highly desirable.
Successful candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated technical knowledge, skills and experience in science, gene technology, science-based regulation and/or risk analysis
- Good written communication skills, in particular the ability to write clearly and concisely about complex and technical matters
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Well-developed liaison, interpersonal and oral communication skills
No security clearance is required for these positions.
Salary / Rate
- $60 – $65 p/h + Super
- Initial 7 month contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Andy on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12486.