Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Nov, 2018 REF NO. BBBH8255
APS6 Financial Accountant
Large Government entity located in Canberra. Good sized finance team with ample opportunity for career development.
This role is offered as a contract or transfer opportunity for experienced Government Accountants in the financial reporting space. Applicants must be Australian Citizens.
- Oversight of asset management processes including stocktake and re-valuation
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Financial Statements including processing of end of year journals and development of notes for audited financial statements
- Completion of month end tasks including journals and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly reporting to Divisions and the Department of Finance
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of an appropriate trust accounting regime in accordance with AASB and Financial Reporting Rules
- Supervise team members
- Preparing accounting papers, briefs, minutes, QoNs as required.
This role will suit a strong accounting technician with high accuracy and attention to detail. You will be a natural problem solver with ability to research and apply solutions to accounting treatment issues. Experience and skills required for the role include;
- Demonstrated understanding of Commonwealth Government accounting processes and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with Departmental financial reporting and using SAP
- Strong accounting technician with relevant tertiary qualifications and CPA/CA.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Accounting) or progress towards is highly desirable.
- Have the intellectual capacity to provide advice on a broad range of accounting issues, resolve complex and sensitive issues and deliver quality outcomes under constrained timeframes.
- Demonstrated experience being proactive and using problem solving and influencing skills to resolve accounting issues in a timely manner.
- Applicant MUST be Australian Citizens to be considered for this opportunity.
Circa $85k – 90k + 15.4% super (salary match for transfers)
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8255